UroFirst - Advanced Urology Centre is a cutting-edge and advanced urological care facility. Here, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra, a well-qualified and trained uro oncologist in Bhubaneswar, focuses on providing the most-effective urology cancer treatment.
Moreover, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra, one of the best urologist in Bhubaneswar, specializes in identifying and treating conditions of the male and female urinary tracts and male reproductive organs. The bladder, kidneys, prostate, penis, and testicles are among these organs.
Being one of the leading urologic oncologist in Bhubaneswar, Dr. Sumanta Kumar has expertise in treating urinary tract malignancies using various methods and technology geared to treat the disease while protecting healthy tissue. He will work closely with the patients to customize treatments to their particular cancer, eliminate side effects, and address sexual function difficulties.
Furthermore, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra is also skilled in laparoscopic surgeries, open urological procedures, kidney transplant surgery, laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, and pediatric urology treatments, among other things.
Overview of Uro-oncology
Uro-oncology, also known as urological oncology, is a cancer specialty that focuses on cancers of the urinary tract and male reproductive organs in both men and women. Urological oncology deals with the diagnosis, staging, and treatment of the malignancies of the kidney, urinary bladder, prostate, penis, and testicles.
Urological Oncology is one of the medical specialties that has witnessed the evolution of cancer treatment through time. It has included procedures such as laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgeries.
Many newer and more advanced oncological drugs have replaced this endeavor, including chemotherapy and other targeted therapies. These innovative techniques have improved survival rates while also reducing chemotherapy side effects.
Who can Visit an Uro-oncologist?
If an individual experiences any of the conditions listed below, they should consult an uro-oncologist in Bhubaneswar. It is essential to keep in mind that any of these symptoms could indicate the presence of another illness.
- Pelvic pain.
- Blood in the urine or semen.
- Lump formation in testicles or prostate.
- Persisting back pain or side discomfort.
- Pain and difficulty while urinating.
- Frequent urination.
Patients would typically visit a urologist, who would then suggest an appointment with an uro-oncologist in Bhubaneswar.
Diagnosis of Urological Cancers
Physical examination and a variety of additional methods can be used to diagnose urological cancer, including:
- Urine test: To see if cancer cells are present.
- Imaging: An MRI or CT scan is used to image the afflicted area to identify cancer.
- Cystoscopy: It is a procedure that involves inserting a tube into the urethra called a cystoscope. This equipment features a lens that allows the doctor to examine the bladder for signs of cancer.
- Biopsy: It is a procedure that involves taking a sample of tissue from the affected organs. Cystoscopy can be used to do this. The sample is sent to a lab for testing to see if cancer is present.
- Digital Rectal Exam: The doctor inserts a gloved finger into the rectum to examine for tumors or abnormalities in the prostate. This aids in the detection of prostate cancer.
- Bone scan: It is used to assess the extent of cancer and its stage.
- Blood tests: Blood testing helps determine tumor markers. These are compounds found in the blood, and when their levels are high, it could indicate the presence of cancer.
Treatments for Uro-oncology Cancers
Surgery is one of the most important treatments for urological malignancies. When irradiation is required, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra, a renowned uro-oncologist in Bhubaneswar, would collaborate with a radiation oncologist. If additional treatment, like chemotherapy, is needed, the uro-oncologist will determine it. As a urologic oncologist in Bhubaneswar, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra treats a wide range of urological malignancies, including the following:
1. Kidney Cancer
The kidneys are affected by kidney cancer, also known as renal cancer. A procedure to remove a portion of the kidney or the complete kidney is used to treat kidney cancer. In some cases, ablative therapies and radiation therapy are also performed.
2. Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer is a prevalent type of cancer that disproportionately affects men. Surgery to remove malignant cells from the bladder can be used to treat bladder cancer. Other treatments for bladder cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, and immunotherapy. Following treatment, bladder repair may be required.
3. Prostate Cancer
The seminal fluid, which transports sperms, is produced by the prostate in males. The uro-oncologist may decide not to treat prostate cancer in the early stages and instead monitor its progression. Surgical removal of the prostate, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy are all alternatives for treatment.
4. Testicular Cancer
Men's testes produce sperm as well as male hormones. The entire testicle, as well as lymph nodes, can be removed during surgery to treat cancer. Other therapies include radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
5. Penile Cancer
Penile cancer is an uncommon type of cancer. It can cause rashes or growth on the penis in males. Penile cancer can be treated with medications, lasers, circumcision, lasers, or cryotherapy in the early stages. Chemotherapy may be administered in the later stages, and the penis may need to be removed in some cases.
Surgical Treatments for Urological Cancers
- Prostatectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat prostate cancer. It is essential when the prostate has progressed to the point where it needs to be removed entirely.
- Cystectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat bladder cancer.
- Nephrectomy is the surgery used to remove malignant cells from the kidney in the case of kidney cancer.
- Radical inguinal orchiectomy is a surgical process used to treat testicular cancer. The entire testicle, as well as the malignant cells, may be removed in this treatment.
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection surgery is used to remove lymph nodes if cancer has spread to them.
Why choose Dr. Sumanta Mishra as your uro-oncologist in Bhubaneswar?
- Dr. Sumanta Kumar offers advanced and most-effective urological cancer treatment with few side effects.
- Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra provides various treatment options, including medicinal, surgical, and tumor management.
- In addition, he tailors cancer treatment for each patient based on the nature and severity of their illness.