At UroFirst - Advanced Urology Centre, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra, one of the leading urologist in Bhubaneswar, has expertise in managing urological disorders, ranging from simple to complex conditions. Besides, he is skilled in performing laparoscopic procedures, open urological surgeries, pediatric urology procedures, renal transplant surgery, and laparoscopic donor nephrectomy.
Moreover, Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra, a proficient pediatric urologist in Bhubaneshwar, also provides excellent medical and surgical care for children with minor and complex genitourinary disorders. He is experienced in diagnosing and treating all pediatric urological problems from newborn to adolescents and beyond adulthood.
Overview of Pediatric Urology
Pediatric urology is the branch of medicine that deals with problems involving children's urinary tract and reproductive organs. It focuses on children's specific needs, which can be sensitive and embarrassing regarding genitalia and voiding issues. Often, it involves using equipment specially designed for children, which makes them relaxed and cooperative.
Why a Pediatric Urologist?
- Children may not always be able to express what is hurting them. They may not always respond to medical questions or be patient and cooperative during a medical checkup.
- A pediatric urologist has the skills and qualifications to handle and treat children who have genital or urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, bladder) problems or conditions. Pediatric urologists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of urinary and genital issues in children.
- Pediatric urologists are trained to focus on the unique requirements of children and their parents, including potentially sensitive and embarrassing topics such as genitalia and voiding issues. They understand how to inspect and handle children in a way that makes them feel at ease and willing to cooperate.
- Furthermore, pediatric urologists employ equipment that is specifically designed for children. It aids in the creation of a safe and comfortable atmosphere for children.
What Types of Treatments Does Dr. Sumanta Offer?
- Evaluation and surgical treatment for voiding problems, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections.
- Surgical repair of the urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, and bladder), as well as genital anomalies, hypospadias, and sex development issues.
- Surgery for groin problems like hydrocele/hernia, undescended testes, varicocele in children and adolescents.
- Assessment and surgical treatment of kidney stones.
- Surgical treatment of tumors and cancers of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
- Evaluation and treatment of urinary tract issues discovered before birth.
- Assessment and treatment of urinary tract disorders associated with neurological diseases such as spina bifida.
Why Choose Dr. Sumanta Mishra as your Child’s Pediatric Urologist?
- Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra provides a wide range of procedures for correcting or minimizing urological conditions in children. The doctor also provides successful treatments to children with frequent urinary tract infections.
- Moreover, he will give all the essential information you need to make the right choices for your child's wellbeing.
- Besides, Dr. Sumanta will work with referring doctors to set the best course of treatment for your child.
- Our team provides ongoing, 24/7 support for families as children recover and get well. You and your child will always have the answers and help you need.
If you notice any signs or symptoms of urologic problems in your child, consult Dr. Sumanta Kumar Mishra, our expert pediatric urologist in Bhubaneswar, immediately. All pediatric urology problems require a proper diagnosis to ensure that the correct treatment is being administered.