Do you experience a burning sensation when you urinate? Is your urine cloudy? Are you having abdominal pain? If you answered yes to the above questions, then it is likely that you are suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI).
UTI is indeed a painful problem. This painful infection can affect the kidneys, bladder, and other parts of your urinary system. Urinary tract infections can lead to adverse symptoms and consequences. Have you seen any lock without a key? No, right?
Yes, there are even solutions to deal with UTI, so don't worry!
You can treat UTI by visiting the best urologist in Bhubaneswar. Many effective solutions and treatment options are provided by the best urologist in Bhubaneswar to treat UTIs such as antibiotics etc. UTI can also be treated by including certain foods in your diet. But before we discuss what foods help in managing UTI, first let us discuss the common symptoms of UTI.
What are the common symptoms of urinary tract infection?
Some of the common signs and symptoms of urinary tract infection are as follows-
- A strong urge to pee
- Experiencing a burning sensation when urinating
- Cloudy urine
- Blood found in the urine
- Pain around the center of the pelvis
- Abdominal pain
- Urine with a foul smell
Are you experiencing one or more of the above symptoms? Then visit an experienced urologist in Bhubaneswar right now! Now, let's discuss the foods that help one to recover from a UTI.
Which foods help in recovering from a UTI?
What you eat plays an important role in your overall health. The food that you eat also has an impact on your urinary system. Some foods reduce UTIs while some foods worsen UTI and so they need to be avoided. Let us discuss the foods that help in managing and recovering from a UTI.
The top urologist in Bhubaneswar recommends including the following foods in your diet to recover from a UTI:
- Berries: Berries such as cranberries, raspberries, and blueberries are useful in fighting off urinary tract infections. Berries contain proanthocyanidin that helps prevent harmful bacteria from adhering to the lining of the urinary tract. Thus, berries are beneficial in treating a UTI.
- Include foods rich in probiotics in your diet: The best urologist in Bhubaneswar suggests eating foods rich in probiotics such as yogurt and pickles to fight off a UTI. Probiotic-rich foods contain good bacteria that can help treat a UTI. This makes probiotic foods an effective solution to manage and treat a UTI.
- Foods rich in fiber: Foods that are rich in fiber like bananas, oats, nuts, beans, and other whole grains help in removing harmful bacteria from the body. They also help in reducing bladder pressure by promoting regular bowel movements. Thus, it is advisable to include such foods in your diet to manage a UTI.
- Salmon: Eating fish such as salmon can help in managing a UTI. Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that help in reducing inflammation caused due to a UTI. Don't you eat fish? Don't worry! There are fish oil supplements available too! But before trying out any supplements, it is first advisable to consult with your doctor in Bhubaneswar.
Other than the above foods, there are also some beverages that can help fight off a UTI. Can you guess the beverage that is recommended the most to fight off a UTI? A beverage that all doctors recommend drinking to stay fit and healthy! A beverage that is the solution for mostly all health problems and everyone recommends drinking at least 6-8 glasses of this beverage every day! Yes, you guessed it right! Water!
Health problems may be different, but the solution remains the same! Yes, water is the universal solution for all health problems including a UTI. Staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water can help remove the harmful bacteria from your body and lead to faster recovery.
As there are foods and drinks that help in recovering from a UTI, there are also some foods that worsen a UTI and thus should be avoided. Some of the foods that a urologist in Bhubaneswar advises to avoid during a UTI are as follows-
- Sugary foods
- Spicy foods
- Caffeinated beverages
- Citrus and acidic foods
UTI is a painful infection. But it can be treated by including certain foods in your diet such as berries, probiotic foods, etc. Drinking plenty of water can also help manage a UTI. Tried everything, but still aren't able to treat your UTI? Then it is time to visit the top urologist in Bhubaneswar! You will surely get rid of this painful condition. So, book your appointment now to have a pain-free tomorrow.